Classic Car Insurance Coverage for Ohio
Your classic car is like a member of the family. Make sure she’s protected with the right kind of insurance.
It takes more than age to make it a classic. A collector car isn’t just a way to get around. It’s an investment that will continue to appreciate in coming years.
Burkhart Insurance Agency will work with you to select the appropriate policy to accommodate coverage needs, miles driven, vehicle age, and vehicle modifications to make sure you have the best policy to meet your needs.
There are specific guidelines which will qualify you and your car for classic car insurance.
- Car must be used on a limited basis (not an everyday driver)
- The car can not be used in racing events
- Your vehicle must be kept in an enclosed, locked garage (stipulations may vary)
- Car must be of collector/classic status and currently appreciating in value
Here are some options to keep in mind.
- Agreed Value: As classics tend to appreciate in value, it is wise to make sure that you are covered for the full price of your car. The agreed value refers to being paid that full amount in the unfortunate case that there is a total loss of the vehicle, with no depreciation.
- Mileage Plans: Most classic car insurance has a limit on the amount of mileage that may be put on the car annually. These limits can range from 2,500 – 7,500 miles per year. If there are options available, be sure to pick the best suited for yourself and your needs.
- Towing and Roadside Assistance: Some insurance coverage comes with emergency towing and roadside assistance coverage. This coverage generally will reimburse you for any expenses accrued .
- Vehicle Restoration: That hidden gem found in a barn may need some TLC. Certain coverage plans cover your car throughout the duration of a restoration project, sometimes at a special rate.
- Discounts: There is always the possibility for discounts, including multi-car discounts, bundling options and, in certain scenarios, discounts for automobiles that are priced over a certain value.
Your classic car is as unique as you are — shouldn’t your insurance policy be the same?
For more information on classic car insurance, or any insurance needs, contact Burkhart Insurance Agency today!
Need an insurance quote? Get in touch!
Access quotes from Kentucky's most trusted insurance carriers. It’s comparison shopping at the click of a mouse.