January 13th through the 19th is International Snowmobile Safety and Awareness Week. Are you staying safe?
Snowmobiling is a thrilling family activity enjoyed by over four million people across the United States and Canada. As long as you take the time to learn to handle your snowmobile safely, there’s no reason why you can’t enjoy the sport with your friends and family for years to come.
The purpose of International Snowmobile Safety and Awareness Week is to expose people to safe snowmobiling practices and to demonstrate how operating a snowmobile safely can prevent mishaps.
Snowmobiling Safety Tips from the International Snowmobile Manufactures Association (ISMA):
- Just like driving a car, you should never consume alcohol or drugs before or during snowmobiling.
- Take the time to completely familiarize yourself with your snowmobile before taking it out for a ride.
- Always operate your snowmobile at safe and reasonable speeds and stay on trails and in areas where snowmobiling is permitted.
- Avoid snowmobiling on unfamiliar frozen bodies of water.
- Keep your snowmobile well maintained.
- Listen to weather forecasts before you head out.
- Always wear a helmet and the right clothing for snowmobiling.
- Never ride alone, and let someone else know where you’re going and when you’re coming back.
- Carry emergency supplies with you and learn survival skills in case you’re ever stranded, injured, or both.
- Make sure your snowmobile is properly insured with the right Ohio snowmobile insurance policy.
Burkhart Insurance Agency of Cincinnati, OH and Covington, KY can help you find an affordable snowmobile insurance policy that provides the protection you need to snowmobile with peace of mind. Get a free quote today and have a safe and fun time on the trails this winter.